Saturday 14 August 2010

start of the football season!

Today,I understand , is the first day of the football season so off weent C to watch Wrexham play Cambridge United(where our son lives).Luckily Wrexham won.C normally goes ,comes back and says they were awful and doesn't go again for 3 months.I get the house to myself and potter.I find if I am in the house on my own I talk to myself.It really is strange.Never do it at any other time!
Both my children have gone on holiday today.Matt has done a house swap for the first time.He has swapped his house in Cambridge for one near Honfleur in Normandy.It looks lovely and has an outdoor heated swimmimg pool.We are going to visit them for a few days in their second week.Any chance for C to get to France nad speak French then we are off.Sarah has also gone to Normandy-camping.This is an extra holiday for them but the forecast is awful-rain and yet more rain.
I have just finished a book that I really enjoyed called "The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society".I have now started"Her Fearful Symmetry" by Audrey Niffenegger.It looks promising.Before my reading group on Thursday I will have to do a quick re read of "The Secret Scripture" by Sebastian Barry.
Tomorrow is promising a decent day so a walk by the sea at Llandudno or Colwyn Bay is planned.

1 comment:

  1. Our team lost today - they usually do really badly at the beginning of the season and spend all year trying to catch up. I always talk to myself when I'm in the house on my own, but I can always pretend I was talking to the dog!!!
    I enjoyed Her Fearful Symmetry - it was quite quirky!Love Kathy xxx

    ReplyDelete