Friday 15 April 2011

Mystery Kal

I have signed up for the Spriteling Mystery KAL.I must be mad because I am already in two blanket clubs.BUT I need distracting at the moment.My step mother had a malignant tumour removed from her bladder two weeks ago.She is 84 but has never been ill in her life,never taken antibiotics and is very acive.She was told yesterday that they hav'nt got it all and she can opt either for 6-8 hour op to remove the bladder and then she would be catheterised for ever or four weeks /5 days per week of radiotherapy.She has opted for this. Our son in law had a CT scan on his brain last Monday to finally decide what they are going to do about his brain tumour,whether to operate or not.He is Daddy to a 3 yr old and a 5 yr old.The results will be with his consultant on Monday and then we just have to wait until the multidisciplinary team meets and discusses it. So you can see why I need distracting and keeping busy.Off to the cinema tonight to see Black Swan. So you can see why I need distracting!

5 comments:

  1. I can see why you would need a diversion - this should certainly do the the trick! Clue 2 is out now so you will have plenty to catch up on!

    I am sorry you are having such a worrying time at the moment - it seems to be one thing after another. Will send good thoughts for a positive outcome. Sx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear, what a worrying time it must be for you no wonder you need some distractions to help you through the next few weeks. Good luck with the knitting comp. Take care:0

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish them both well and you, yourself as it must be absolutely terrifying for you as an onlooker. Makes me realise how lucky I am to only have mildly irritating things wrong with me. Good look with the Spriteling - I am going over there right now to join up as I have some lovely laceweight that needs knitting up. My thoughts are with you and your family.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. B***** cancer!!!! So many people are affected when it strikes. I'm sending you lots of positive thoughts right now, and remember to take care of yourself in all this as well as everyone else!
    Lots of Love Kathy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending positive thoughts from here too - hoping there is good news for you and your family soon. The waiting must be agonizing.

    ReplyDelete