Wednesday 10 January 2018

Jigsaw,books,chocs etc

C and I decided that at Xmas we would have a £25 limit to be spent on each other.He has a birthday in December and it is mine next week.Throw into this our wedding anniversary on Dec 29th and it all gets a bit much.It is amazing what you can buy for £25!It turned out we had both found seven things.If you use Amazon 1p buys plus postage ,charity shops etc you get a variety of things and it was good fun planning and buying.I had a 1,000 piece jigsaw,a small Ted Baker perfume,Friends DVDs,Ferroro Rocher chocs ,History of Britain in 21 women,book on Montenegro(where we are going in September)and one other thing(which I have forgotten.)I have just finished the jigsaw and am enjoying the books. it can go a bit wrong though.I ordered C a second hand book from Amazon but it was really musty,so bad I couldn't give it to him.So what did I get for C.He had a Rita Ora CD,a book by Simon Kernick(second hand),a book about journeys through the ages round Britain(new from The Works),a chilli sauce,a block of fruit and nut chocolate,another book Lancashire 1939-1945.The Secret War,a gift pack of three small bottles of port.I think we will do this again.Our grandchildren were fascinated and C joked that he had done all his shopping in Poundland.Not true. A New Year now and all we hope for is good health for us and our family and friends and all of you out there. As is normal every Wednesday we were off to Northwich to pick Ruby up from school ,take her home and wait for Emily to arrive home from High School.WE play games,do crafts etc.Today it was a game called Dabble but one of their favourites is Happy Families.It will be sad when they won't need us anymore.Our Wednesdays are very special to us. Back soon.Barbarax

5 comments:

  1. Great idea for not going overboard at Christmas. We are like you and have both our birthdys and our wedding anniversary at the beginning of the year. Add in my Dad's birthday (96) and Sally and Sarah and you can need a bank loan to get you through !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like great fun and a good idea as you have so many anniversaries and events close together:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your limit on spending, our wedding anniversary gets rather overlooked being Dec 30th but we did celebrate for last year's 25th.
    Thank you for your comment. I'm sure your grand daughter will love her Aasia trip, my daughter sounds so happy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds a lot more fun then spending loads on things you don't need. Happy Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year to you! I love the idea of seeing what you can buy for £25, it means you have to get creative with your purchasing! I think you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete