Thursday 7 February 2019

How many pairs of socks does a girl need?

I think I counted 13 pairs of socks here.All newly washed and ready to wear.As you can gather I love knitting stripy socks.There does not seem to be as much stripy yarn around as previously.Any suggestions of suppliers please?
Four more stripes ( there I go again) to do on my Sweet Pea blanket before new instructions tomorrow.Then when that is finished I am going to make a blanket for the homeless/refugees using up my stash.I bought six virtual cups of coffee the other night.You pay for the coffee and volunteers from Shareaid take them out to the homeless with a message from me.Another charity I support is Lend with Care.You loan money to get people going in businesses and then they pay you back in countries like Ecuador,Rwanda The Phillipines etc.No one has defaulted and when they pay me back I lend out the money again.Not big amounts,usually £15.
Back soon.Barbara

8 comments:

  1. What a great idea. Will look into that. Love the socks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Facebook Buchan Birds and Beasts. Art and shop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic array of socks and so good to knot for the homeless. I crochet and knit all sorts of things for charity and reallyt enjoy it.

    Have a great weekend

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. If the socks are as pretty as yours then loads of them:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love handmade socks they are just special I always get my sock yarn from wool warehouse they have a huge selection. I haven't made the sweet pea blanket but I love the colours. Stash blankets are always fun to make. Have a great weekend. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not familiar with The charity about virtual cup of coffee, but need to check it out since I operate a grass roots charity, Bridge and Beyond to support Homeless and shelters in my area. LOVE all the colors in your socks...the answer to how many pairs you need...how often do you want to do laundry, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the idea of lending out money to help others. I love all your socks and you can never have too many!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I too have been on a sock knitting period, truth is I think I am addicted! Recently knitted with sock yarn called zigzag by kingcole. There are some very nice colour ways and the stripes are not plain either and it is very reasonably priced.

    ReplyDelete