Sunday 10 January 2016

My latest creation

 I have just finished this shawl.I only got the wool on Xmas Eve so am quite pleased with how quckly I finished it as I tend only to knit in the evening while watching TV.
The pattern is called Hummimgbird  from the Knit Now magazine.The yarn is Louisa Harding Amitola  which is 80% wool and 20% silk.It was quite an easy pattern as there were plain rows as well as lacy ones.
I have now started a second one in a different colour way for my daughter for her birthday.This one is in lime green,dark green and shocking pink.Ilove knitting shawls,scarves etc but I hate blocking them!!!
I hope the New Year has started well for everyone.

12 comments:

  1. It's a lovely shawl. Such a pretty pattern and color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just lovely. And I rarely block. When I do its a damp towel and just lay it out as I wish/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very smart!!! I love the colours.
    I've been doing a bit of knitting and crochet myself recently. I've got a little shawl as a 'work in progress' but I've abandoned it in favour of a crochet cushion. I must finish it off one day. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was quick work! I have to admit that I avoid any pattern that includes the word "blocking".

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it beautiful! The colours change so nicely don't they. In answer to your question to me, no not Essex, Berkshire. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness you finished that so fast, it looks beautiful.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's beautiful, lovely colours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely shawl! I'm amazed at how quickly you've knitted it, although it's clear how the pretty colors and interesting stitches would keep your needles moving. Thank you for letting the rest of us see it. xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's really lovely and I like the colours you've used. I've never made a shawl but it's on my list of things I want to attempt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty and just in time for the colder weather.

    ReplyDelete