Monday 18 January 2016

Thank you!

Thank you for all your good wishes on my birthday last Saturday.I had a lovely day with lots of presents,cards,phone calls and texts.
Last night we went to the Liverpool Philharmonic Hall for an evening with Alexander Armstrong,pictured above.I doubt whether anyone outside the UK will know who he is.In the Uk he is known as a comedian,actor and host of a show called Pointless.What is not known about him is that he went to Cambridge as a music scholar and is classically trained.He has released a CD a short while ago which is top of Classic FM's chart.The evening was amazing .He sang loads of songs,played the saxophone and piano a little.His backing group/orchestra were very good too.The whole evening had a kind of jazz feeling to it but he has an outstanding voice and did not hit a wrong note.We came out buzzing.It was the first night of a UK tour.Catch it if you can.

6 comments:

  1. He has a brilliant mind and his general knowledge is amazing. Very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I received his CD for Christmas and I am loving listening to it, he has a great voice doesn't he. Glad you had a great birthday and that the concert was so good!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had no idea about Alexander Armstrong's background! We went to see Adrian Edmonson's band play and again, I had no idea he played music. He's now being a very serious actor in the TV production of War and Peace. The trouble is, he still looks like Vivienne from the Young Ones to me! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy belated birthday. I saw Alexander Armstrong's CD advertised on tv and I was gobsmacked, he has such a lovely voice. Glad you enjoyed the show.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like a wonderful evening.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete