Thursday 8 February 2018

How to lose some weight???

For years I have been the same weight(overweight but not obese)until we went on an all inclusive holiday last September.I put on 4lbs and cannot get rid of it.This is my day- breakfast.Two cups of tea. Lunch.Salad plus cold meat or fish. Tea/supper.Meat or fish plus small portion of potatoes and vegetables and a diet yoghurt. Evening .Two glasses of white wine. I try,weather permitting,to walk/ garden/ clean for half an hour .I can't manage more than that these days. I have stopped buying crisps and cheese so I am not tempted.I never eat cake. We do eat out a couple of times a week and I know I could cut out the wine. Any suggestions out there?I would love to hear from you.

8 comments:

  1. I wish I had a suggestion but I'm in the same boat! I feel my age is against me although I don't feel 64. I hope your week is going well. Pat :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I don't have an answer for you, it sounds as though you are eating well, the only thing you have left as a treat is your wine so I don't know what to suggest. Good luck with it though, I too am trying to lose weight - a lot more than you need to! - and I know it is tough. Just keep on and if you have a day when you eat something you think you shouldn't just get back on to it the next day. I have just given up in the past and that has got me to where I am, but now I get back to it and I think it is having results over time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your daily diet sounds quite a good one with very little to cut out as you have already done that with cheese, cake, potatoes and etc. It is harder to exercise in this weather. I'm not sure what more you could do except carry on as you are and hope the pounds disappear slowly and surely:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you tried the SparkPeople website https://www.sparkpeople.com/myspark/loginpage.asp?whereFrom=%2Fmyspark%2Fsparkpoints%2Easp

    It also has a phone app. There are some great trackers to help you and lots of advice from people on the same journey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your diet sounds very good and frankly wine makes everything better. I think if you try to move as much as you can the pounds will eventually come off. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think if you're eating a good diet, the main thing is exercise. I never struggled with my weight until I hit 40 and now it's an ongoing battle, so hard to shift it and especially to keep it off.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just wanted to thank you for the thoughtful message you left at my blog, it is much appreciated

    ReplyDelete
  8. You sound just the same as me and even reading more of your posts I can feel a likeness. Maybe it because we are both Capricorns though I an 76 now. Still trying to lose weight though heaven knows why as I feel fit and active just as I am now.

    Good luck with your weight loss.

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete