Monday 2 April 2018

Easter weekend.

Hope you have all had a lovely weekend.We tend to stay off the roads as it can be very busy with people heading to the coast.Saturday we had coffee with friends which lasted more than two hours as some left and more came,
Yesterday we were invited to our daughter's for lunch.We had already left Easter eggs for Emily and Ruby but went with other gifts.A jigsaw for them to do over the school holiday,flowers for Sarah and treats for her and Mike.I also took some primula a for them to plant in the garden.Sarah has been feeling down lately and I thought a bit of gardening may cheer her up.A couple of months ago she had flu followed by pneumonia and didn't stay off work long enough to recover properly,in fact less than a week.She is a Type 1 diabetic and has been since she was four so everything is more complicated.She is gong to hospital next week to have two ops on her right hand.She has Carpal Tunnel Syndrome and Duputrens Contracture.Hopefully they can be done under local anaesthetic.Yesterday she seemed a lot brighter.I think she has just been exhausted.She is s Primary Scool teacher.We had a lovely day .Mike cooked a super meal and we spent all afternoon playing games and laughing a lot.I do worry about Sarah and her health.

Today we woke up to snow!Three inches of it.I am really fed up with this weather but hopefully it is supposed to get better later this week.
Do you worry about your children ? How do men not worry.I wish I knew the secret.

4 comments:

  1. Barbara, this has often been the topic of conversation with my friends, how we women worry and the men seem to be able to flip a switch and turn off the worrying! I don't understand it, I guess it's how we're wired. My children are all grown and I do worry about them more than I should.

    It sounds like the whole world must have had snow for Easter! We had it in many parts of the states, too. Just a bit here, not enough to stick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your daughter soon feels a lot better. Teaching jobs are stressful at the best of times.

    We mother's have a built in caring system and our children always seem fragile to us whatever age they are. I don't think it should turn to worry or you have an extra problem with your worry and their problem as well. Help if you can and stay positive. I know my daughter 'cares' about me as I get to the age where my own mother died-not sure any of us can stop caring.

    We haven't had any snow to speak of here all year on the NE UK coast and today it is sunny :)

    Take care

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your daughter's operations went well and that she's feeling much better now. I'm a terrible worrier, I wake in the night fretting and can't get back to sleep, and it isn't only my children that I worry about, I worry about everything. Mick lies there snoring, not a care in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a lovely easter weekend with your family xxx Hopefully the weather will pick up soon. My whole life will be spent worrying especially about my children as I am a natural born worrier xxx

    ReplyDelete