Sunday 6 December 2009

good day

My box is packed and ready to post tomorrow.You have to really psyche yourself up to go to our post office in town.It is always busy,often 20 people in the queue before you and only 2 out of 5 positions open but I will do it.I will do it!!
We have had a great day today.We had a phone call last week from some old friends who live in Bristol.We havn't seen them for 6 years just the annual Xmas card and letter.They were coming to Anglesey for a few days and could they come to lunch.We just took up from where we had left off and before we knew it it was time to go back to Bristol and we had been nattering for 5 hours!Also today we had a phone call from some even older friends who live in Portsmouth.They are up here next weekend and are coming to see us onFriday.Both these couples are younger than us and both husbands were work colleagues of my husband.it gave me real lift to think that friends from the past still want to come and see us.It just shows how good friends they must have been.
I am getting a little anxious about finishing projects for Xmas.I am telling myself that I will have 4 days in hospital where I can knit.I am kind if forgetting that it is not a holiday but a major operation!Do you think I can follow a pattern if I am drugged up with painkillers.My big concern is that I may not be out for the Strictly Come Dancing final.How bad that would be!!
Roll on 2010 when it will be onwards and upwards.We have great plans for holidays next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment