Thursday 17 December 2009

Christmas

Well, I have got overthe disappointment of my op being cancelledand have been given a new date,Jan 4th but i will only believe it when it actually happens.We had cancelled going away and had not the enthusiasm to reinstate it.We have a restaurant in our small market town that is in the Good Food Guide.They have been booked up for Xmas daysince September but when we trid them last Thursday they had had a cancellation so at least we are going out for Xmas dinner!
What I didn't get were my 3 days in hospital with nothing to do but knit and stitchso Emily's Flower Fairy won't be finished.
I have been to my Book Group this morning but because I thought Iwasn't going to be there I hadn't read the book and only managed the first 70 pages.Never mind.We were also choosing the next set of books to read.What do you think of this list?
Small Island by Andrea Levy
Amsterdam by Ian McEwan
Miss Webster and Sherif by Patricia Duckner
Red Tent by Anita Diamant
The Angel's Game by Carlos Ruiz Zafon
The Secret Scripture by Sebastian Barry
A middle ages crime story by CJ Sansom
That should keep me quiet for a bit!

I have also ordered a cross stitch kit today from sewandso.co.uk ( a brilliant company).It is of a Doll's house and is huge.So with that ,the reading and my Debbie Abrams Blanket Club I should be kept well and truly busy while I am on crutches and recovering!!!

Hope you are not getting too frazzled about Xmas.

1 comment:

  1. I hope that your box arrives today, so sorry it is late - lots of things went wrong for me, and I know that makes me a bad friend but it was sent with lots of love.

    I am sorry your op was cancelled, especially as it takes quite a lot mentally to prepare for these things - I am sure christmas will work out in the end.

    No time for anything at the moment and frazzled is not the word!

    Love, S xx

    ReplyDelete