Tuesday 23 August 2016

A busy few days.

 I did all this last night and was just about to press publish and it all disappeared.Fingers crossed.
Last Thursday we decided to have a little tripto Biddulph Grange garden.We havn't been for years and it seemed much smaller than we remembered.Quite a hard walk round as there are 400 steps.
                                         The Chinese Garden.
                                             The Stumpery.
 As we didn't spend as much time here as we thought we moved on to Little Moreton Hall.This is 500 year old timber framed hall and has wonky floors everywhere.A real Tudor treasure.
 The day after,Friday,was the 40th birthday weekend of our wonderful local theatre.Penblwydd Hapus is Happy birthday in Welsh.We took along our granddaughters Ruby and Emily with us.
Theydid a drumming workshop which was amazing.A poetry workshop with the Welsh children's Laureate
 They tried on masks and costumes.Some,from the pantomime, were so heavy.
 We went to a dance performance which at the end the audience joined in and suddenly realised the dancers had gone and they were stillcarrying on!A great day was had by us all .

Yesterday we went to the Lady Lever Art Gallery to see an exhibition of lino cuts by Picasso.
This afternoon we have had a guided tour of Chester Cathedral.Sorry,no photos.
Tomorrow I am meeting up with 15 others who were in college with me.We left 50 years ago.Will we recognise each other and will I come back thinking I look the oldest with my white hair and wrinkles.


9 comments:

  1. What a lot you've packed in to these few days. Little Moreton Hall looks really quirky, we're so lucky to have these treasures still surviving the test of time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photos are lovely, the Tudor House looks wonky but beautiful! I've only just discovered your blog after you kindly left a comment on mine so I'm looking forward to reading your blog posts :-) Emma (Handmade Em) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you truly have been busy busy! Each of the occasions you've show us here looks like something I also would have enjoyed. Isn't it grand to have such grand opportunities...and to decide to take advantage of them.

    Little Moreton Hall is a storybook place! The garden you visited also looks very intriguing...even with the walking.

    Ahh, but the theatre workshops sound like so much fun. I would definitely have loved the drumming workshop. I find percussion fascinating.

    Hoping you will enjoy your reunion; I've never been to any of mine, although I do stay in touch with some classmates from all those years ago. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic wonky hall. I think my vertigo will set off if I went in there!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So good to see children dancing and enjoying themselves. I hope the reunion went well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are having such a wonderful time, thank you for taking us along.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pics! I love days out like this! Ros x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great photos and what fun to do dress ups with the masks.
    How lucky you are to have buildings like that to admire.
    Have a super week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hellooooo Barbara

    Hope all is good with you. We have been partnered up at Jo's Whole plot of love for the 12 days of Christmas. It's my first time and I'm super excited. Already thinking about what to choose for you. My blog email address so we can exchange detail is eclectichomeandlife@gmail.com Cannot wait Barbara , Selma x

    ReplyDelete