Sunday 24 January 2021

I had my Covid vaccination last night.

Yesterday at 5.45 pm the phone went.OH answered it and it was the surgery saying could he go to a surgery 15 minutes away to have his jab.He has no spleen so is classed as vulnerable.C asked can my wife come too.?Yes ,but you have to come now .Tea was in the oven,we have lying snow and it was freezing but rapidly changed into something that we could expose our arms(good job as it was in a big open space with no privacy!)Anyway ,we got there in time,had our jabs,the Pfizer one and as we sat the required 15 minutes after and during that time they ran out!!! Phew.I said to the doctor who did mine that he must be exhausted.Absolutely not was his reply,exhilarated that they were getting on with it.It isn't effective for three weeks .We dont intend to change anything then.We shall stay home and take care but it has given us a boost that there is a bit of light at the end of this long tunnel. We both feel fine this morning.My arm is a bit sore but we have been told to possibly expect flu like symptoms. Hope you all get your jabs soon.

9 comments:

  1. Wonderful news!
    (My husband has had his jab. He just had a sore arm, no other symptoms, I hope you are the same.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news, good job you were both able to get there:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such wonderful news. I bet every doctor is thrilled to be moving forward with vaccines. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It must feel great to know you've already had the first step in becoming safe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab news, I'm very glad for you. My daughter has had fluey-like after effects too, but she's OK.
    xx

    ReplyDelete