Tuesday 1 October 2013

Yarndale.what a wonderful day.

 The entrance hall was decked with bunting that Attic24's Lucy had asked people to make.She ended up with 6,000 triangles!They came from all over the world.
 Look at all this yummy knitted foodThe strawberry cake was amazing.
 I had taken my daughter with me and she managed to snap me having a word with Lucy.What a lovely,talented lady.My hand knitted lacy shawl was greatly admired by many.Quite an ego boost!
 Some of the things I bought.Angora,alpaca,sock yarn,a Learn to Spin kit,some needles and this kit.
 this is something I have never seen before and I can't wait to give it a go.this kit makes a unique bracelet.
Felting was a big thing at Yarndale and I bought the above to give me some practise.The Poppy kit makes two brooches and a purse kit.
I also bought my daughter some yarn to knit a scarf.I spent a fortune but have activities to keep me going for months.There was so much talent and creativity at Yarndale.Sarah and I kept saying "look at that.Amazing.".It was lovely to have a day out with my daughter(Daddy took the girls to Chester Zoo).Thank you Lucy from Attic24 for organising it.
P.S.Annie.did you know you were mentioned in the programme.

7 comments:

  1. What a fantastic day.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like heaven! How exciting it must have been to meet the clever Lucy, she is such an inspiration to so many isn't she? I really like your green alpaca wool, I would be itching to make something with that!
    Jess x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi I was there as well :-) think I spotted my bunting!!!! Love your goodies. It was truly wonderful. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello :) Looks like you had a fun time ... I wonder if we passed each other and didn't know it.

    Yes I did know about the programme, thank you ... me and Lucy in the same sentence ... I was rather chuffed :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a great time was had by all. Great photos of all the fun! xCathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a great day was had and some purchases made! ROs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like it was a great day out. Wish I lived close enough !!!!

    ReplyDelete