Tuesday 28 January 2014

A week in Tenerife

We have just come back from a week in Tenerife.It is the first time we have done a Winter Sun holiday.How bizarre and almost surreal.At 7pm on Sunday evening we were in Tenerife and the temperature was in the 70's /25c.Four hours later we landed at Manchester Airport and it was 3 deg and the gritters were out!!We were very lucky in that we had great weather,a great room and a great hotel but would we do it again.I am not sure.C started with a really bad cold on Friday(his first for 5 years) which freaked him out a bit as he has no spleen and has to be very careful not to get infections.If he hadn't started there with a cold then he would have caught something coming back on the plane.Everyone was sneezing and coughing.You get people from all over Europe all bringing different bugs so perhaps we shouldn't risk it but I did enjoy a week of sun with no cooking,cleaning ,shopping etc.We did all inclusive for the first time which was wonderful until i got on the scales  this morning.far too much eating and drinking!!!The diet has started.
 This is the view from our terrace out to sea.The beach was below our room and all you could hear sitting on the terrace was the sea crashing onto the rocks and the birds singing.
 This is looking the other way towards the mountains.
                                         Hibiscus(I think)

11 comments:

  1. HI - you dropped by my blog and left a comment, but unfortunately, you are a No Reply Blogger, and I could not answer back through email...this is the second best option. You can find the Blog Party at http://vicki-2bagsfull.blogspot.com/2014/01/welcome-to-grow-your-blog-2014.html

    That address will take you to the entire list of participants, as well as putting you in touch with the "founder", Vicki, of 2 Bags Full. Happy Tuesday - congratulations on your 47th anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoyed your short break and I hope your hubby is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a lovely break in a super place. What a shame that a cold came along to add some worries to your stay - hope all is well now:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome home! Time to get the winter woollies out - all of them :)

    I am glad you had a wonderful time and I admire you for the bravery of the extreme climate change. Hopefully the sunshine made the world of difference, it looks amazing! S xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like a wonderful place to visit, so sorry about the illness. Yes that is a hibiscus, so pretty isn't it?
    Hugs.Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely trip!! It is always nice to go some where warm and cozy. My blanket wasn't too hard because I would look up the stitches on utube. It was lovely to work on something that kept me warm as I crocheted!
    Hope you all are well now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can you please send me a private email -- my email address is on the sidebar of my blog~ (I looked but I cant find your email address listed anywhere here~)

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello!
    I saw a comment you left on Vicki's post about wanting to join her party!
    Vicki is one of blogging's treasures - actually she is probably our most treasured friend.
    Once you follow her blog, read her posts and get to know her, you will understand why! Her energy for helping people and causes knows no bounds!

    So here I am and it's lovely to meet you.
    47 years - well done that calls for a celebration!
    In April it's our 44th - it seems like yesterday we started off on our life journey together in 1970, with flowers in my hair (like the song "If you come to San Francisco" - remember that)?!!!

    What a great trip you had and the sunshine would have benefitted you - a shame your husband wasn't well.
    I travel to Europe most years to see my family and I love the adventure!

    I would love you to pop over and visit me where I have a Giveaway of a Vintage fabric and lace Collage to celebrate Vicki's party.

    I'm following you and I'll be back once the party winds down with my cup of coffee in hand!

    Warm hugs
    Shane

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh I'm jealous! It sounds lovely-well apart from the cold bugs that is! Lovely views.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! It looks beautiful. So nice to have some warm sunshine in the middle of winter. ROs

    ReplyDelete
  11. There is nothing better than a winter holiday in sunny climes - sooo jealous now:-)

    That is one cracking view!

    ReplyDelete