Sunday 29 July 2018

5 hours at Eurotunnel!!!

We rearranged the holiday we had to cancel a few weeks ago and were booked to go on Eurotunnel yesterday morning.After problems on Friday we had an email on Saturday morning saying to turn up as normal.We started queuing on the M20 at 10.25am and finally boarded a train at 3.40 pm.What a farce.There were lots of families with young children.No Eurotunnel employees to help.The whole place was totally gridlocked with no one going anywhere.I had a glass of rose and got out my knitting!!!
We finally arrived at our cottage at 7pm.Now to relax for a week and then face it all again next Saturday(hopefully not,fingers crossed because we then have a six hour drive in Britain to home).

I have brought lots of things to do.Shawl knitting.an elephant to crochet(from Edward's Menagerie),a cross stitch picture to for my granddaughter who is going to Uni inSeptember,four books to read ,magazines and a puzzle book.Maybe ,I will not manage it all!!!!

8 comments:

  1. I love the idea of you knitting and drinking wine. Try to relax now and enjoy your holiday. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful, relaxing week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy holidays! I look forward to seeing all you have been up to x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a palaver, I'm sure it was worth it though. Have a lovely relaxing week and enjoy your crafting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would have gone crazy waiting that long for a train. Well done for staying calm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry for the trouble getting there, but glad you arrived and that you have things lined up to keep you busy. So glad you had your knitting at hand with the delay, no better way to pass the time and keep calm.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Popping back in as I make blog rounds, hope your trip went well. Will be anxious to hear about it on your return. Hope you took some pictures to post.

    ReplyDelete