Thursday 10 January 2019

Progress so far.

 This is how far I have got with the Sweet Pea blanket.Apologies the colours are not true but I am getting fed up with the green.Green was the colour of my school uniform so not my favourite colour.I think I have got about six rows to do to keep up with CAL.

I have been held up because I was doing a bit of scarf making.Chester Cathedral are having a knitting exhibition with various scenes from the Bible.I am not a church person but am interested in the knitted scenes.They are partnering with ShareAid which is a Chester/North Wales charity which helps the homeless and refugees.They are having what they are calling the River of Life which will be made of scarves,fish etc running from the Chapter House into the Cathedral.So I have knitted two scarves for the project and delivered them yesterday.The exhibition starts on Saturday and runs for about three weeks.More details on Chester Cathedral website.I got to know about it rom when my OH played his ukulele there in December.

Yesterday was a beautiful day with blue skies but cold.We had a walk in Ness Gardens and had them almost to ourselves.There were lots of snowdrops out and a couple of witch hazels.I do like witch hazels.

My OH bought me some freesias,yellow and orange.Lovely.I am waiting for the first daffodils to appear in the shops.

Today it is grey but we are going out to lunch just to a Brewers Fayre .Cheap and cheerful but it saves cooking.

11 comments:

  1. We are ordering pizza for tea tonight, perfect, no cooking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Freesias - lovely and beautiful scent. I like green but not blue as blue was the colour of my school uniform!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Chester Cathedral project sounds interesting, I'll have to and have a look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always nice to craft for charity. Your Sweet Pea blanket looks like it is coming along nicely. Pretty colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great start for your sweet pea blanket, your scarves look cosy and warm. I'm so tempted to make this blanket, I'll have to sort through my stash to see if I have any sweet pea colours. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are doing well with the blanket and the scarves look amazing. It sounds like an interesting project

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blanket and scarves are lovely. I have just done the lavender part of the blanket. Green is the colour of nature.
    Hazel c uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is looking lovely. My primary school uniform was green. My secondary school uniform was a rusty, orange. TRUE! Strangely, both colours suited me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think your balnket is coming along nicely. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You’ve made good progress with your blanket. I did toy with the colourwas but plumped for the third option instead. Love the scarves, sounds like a worthwhile project. B x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete