Sunday 25 November 2012

I could show you a photo of my black eye!

I could show you a photo of my black eye but I won't.It might spoil your Sunday.If you read my blog you will know I have been having knee problems and am waiting to have an operation on my right knee.On Thurday we ventured into Chester to do a bit of Xmas shopping.We were walking along,me being very careful, when as we turned a corner a lady coming the other way in a great hurry tripped me up.She had a shoulder bag with two straps-one on her shoulder and the other trailing on the ground.As she swung round the corner my foot got caught in it and down I went.my head hit the pavement first but thankfully I had my specs on which cushioned me a little.I also banged said right knee and apart from a black eye have a very bruised hand and ache all over.I don't think I must have osteporosis as nothing broke but I am feeling a little sorry for myself!I now have the date of Jan 2nd for my knee op which gets me through Xmas so I am quite happy with that.
It has been a busy week.Tuesday I spent looking after our youngest granddaughter Ruby who is five.She had been sick in school on Monday and so was excluded for 48 hours.We kept her entertained but when you have done 7 45 piece jigsaws-----.We had a theatre visit to see Glengarry Glenross,a film Snows of Kilimanjaro, supper out with our group of closest friends and all the usual stuff we do during the day.We like keeping busy.
P.S.When I have been at home I have been enjoying crafting in my new "den".

13 comments:

  1. Hope you feel better soon and that the operation goes as planned. I tripped up last week when on my photography course - slipped on some wet leaves and wet sprawling on to a gravestone! Left leg is purple from the knee to the ankle! Last night banged and cut my nose of a kitchen cupboard door and also ended up with a black eye!
    June

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh poor you Barbara, you have had some dreadful luck recently, I do hope you get better soon and feel a lot better once your operation is over and done with. What's this about a new 'den'? I can feel a spot of green eyed envy coming on :)

    It is nice to read your blog again - are you up for the swap box again this year?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! That's rotten luck. Hope you are feeling a bit better now. I am in for the swap again this year if everyone else is. It's nice to have a surprise for yourself when you've been busy buying for everybody else :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do hope she was apologetic and helped you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I'm so sorry about your fall. I really hope you are feeling a bit better by now. I hope the person who caused this apologised for being so careless.
    I hope your granddaughter is feeling better. A 745 piece jigsaw phew that must have take some time to finish. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh dear, you poor thing! Hope she helped you up and looked after you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry this has happened, you mentioned your fall in your comment and my last post and I replied to you there as well. Like Helsie (above) I said I hope she stopped and helped you. Thank goodness nothing was broken and that your knee opp can go ahead as planned. Take care:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Goodness, I hope you're feeling better now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not good, I bet you hurt. When I fall over I break something. I love the blankets in your last post. Stylecraft DK is great when you want loads of balls of wool.
    Love from Mum
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you are feeling a bit better now. It is so easy to fall over-me and my Mum are very good at it, and my partner's Mum come to think of it! Thanks for your visit and kind comments. I love my pom pom makers-I have not yet worked out exactly what to do with the pom poms though! I hope you enjoy yours.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for your comment on my blog.
    Take care and rest. Perfect time for knitting or crocheting. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. How horrible for you - hope you are getting over it by now. A 'Crafting Den' sounds just the thing to get you better! Wish I had one! xCathy

    ReplyDelete
  13. So sorry re your fall. Your grandaughter must be very clever to attampt a jigsaw like that!

    ReplyDelete