Thursday 28 May 2020

I am a little bit worried....

The last two years I have paid for a private health check up.This year they are not doing it because their nurses are involved with Covid 19 but they did offer a package of tests.They send you a package which contains three phials plus lancets to prick your finger,wipes etc.It arrived yesterday so after lunch we decided to give it a go.I just could not get the blood to flow.Eventually I think I got enough?The instructions were not clear at all.Now I have to wait for the results.Do I really want to know that I have got Type 2 diabetes,liver failure(drinking far too much wine at the moment and the odd g&t),kidney problems and a host of other things.
What do you think?Is it better to know or better to be ignorant when I could die of Covid anyway.

Would love to hear your thoughts on this.
Results in three days,
Barbaraxxxx

10 comments:

  1. I would want to know, and have the option to change the outcome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was offered a health check once I turned 60 and thought why not? I was lucky that the results showed that I have been suffering from a thyroid deficiency causing symptoms that I had been putting down to age. I think it's best to check as many problems can be easily controlled these days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are very bold to do that self health test which involves blood samples. Yikes. Good for you, I think you are wise to be tested.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a fan of everyone being tested for anything that the NHS has available for the general public. I would want to know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think a check is better than no check. CNx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think if you can check things and get them sorted so they do not do more damage you should. Then you can take medication and help live a longer and better life.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a difficult one. I'm taking part in research about Covid-19 and was given an antibody test. I was convinced I must have been infected already considering where I live and the amount of gym sessions, bus journeys I took before lockdown. But no, apparently I have no antibodies. So now I'm deflated and worrying that I can still catch the virus. It's good to know though as I can continue being carefu.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope all is good for you - better safe than sorry! We have annual physicals with all the blood work done, it's part of our insurance plan.

    ReplyDelete