Saturday 23 May 2020

Two interesting sites to visit or maybe three!

I know a lots of you are readers.Do you know that the Hay on Wye Literary Festival is on line this year.I have always wanted to go and this year I can.Earlier this afternoon I watched an interview with Maggie O'Farrell.Fascinating.She was talking about her latest book Hamnet which is about Shakespeare's own son Hamnet who died aged 11.Following his death Shakespeare wrote Hamlet.Lots of interesting talks ,readings,interviews etc coming up.People from all over the world were watching.Australia,Peru ,Kenya to name but a few.Have a look.

Another site I have enjoyed visiting is National Gardens Scheme.Virtual tours of many gardens.
It all helps to pass the time.

The third possible visit is to Encyclopedia Britannia which is doing a day by day of what happened in the past on that day.I haven't actually tried it but it has been recommended.

What have I been up to.I am plodding on with my Elizabeth Bradley Bell Pull.I dread doing the background but found I could do it watching TV so I am nearly at the bottom.Another week and it should be finished.I have finished a pair of socks and started another pair using KnitsPots Summer Fun pattern.I got the yarn from Folkstone Habour yarn shop,on Etsy ,and it is lovely.I have read two books by Mike Gayle which I enjoyed.I have read Redhead by the side of the road by Anne Tyler which was ok but not brilliant and I am now reading The Dutch House by Ann Patchett.

Gardening in small doses.I have just had another delivery from J.Parkers with geraniums,Crocosmia and a couple of little shrubs so I need to get busy planting but not until the wind dies down!!!
Hope you are all keeping safe.If you read this just give me a thumbs up please.
Bye for now.Barbaraxx

9 comments:

  1. Read and enjoyed, thank you for the information.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's so many choices for keeping us busy and productive. I've certainly been reading a whole lot more lately. Plus there's always crafts and my balcony garden. And blog reading. :) Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must look up the garden one - it sounds brilliant.
    Small dose gardening is really great, I think. Overall, I get a lot more done and it generally looks acceptable all the time.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Didn't know about the Encyclopedia Britannica site. I've watched one or two of the Hay Festival ones over the last few days. I must now look at some of the gardens. The wind has stopped gardening here too:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you are managing to pass the time well. I hear that North Wales is not doing so well and you will be locked down for another month. Stay safe.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the wonderful suggestions. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of lovely things you have been doing to keep busy.
    I heard an interview with Maggie O'Farrell earlier this month.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thumbs up! Have you tried the RBdigital phone app? I use it to borrow all sorts of magazines, including the best gardening magazines, free. I can forget I am reading them on a phone eventually. I have thought about taking a look at the National Garden Scheme site. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete