Tuesday, 24 November 2020
Can you believe it.?
As I have posted previously we had sold our house to move nearer to our daughter.When the second surge of Covid started we decided to put the move on hold,told our buyer it was hers when we decided we could move safely.Over the last couple of weeks we have been viewing properties and today decided on one.Offers had to be in this afternoon.So we came home checked with our agent that the lady was ready to proceed.He phoned her and she said she has bought another house weeks ago.She hadnt the decency to let us know or the agent.So we are back to square one.I just can't understand people like this and feel totally let down to addto how fed up I was anyway. The next big decision is do we go to Cambridge ,four hours away,for Xmas to see our son ,daughter in law and three grandchildren.
Posted by busybusybeejay at 11:21
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Only you can make that decision but if it were me and I hadn't seen my family for ages I would go. Really, this government is doing so much damage to ordinary people's lives it makes me furious.ReplyDelete
I echo what Briony has said.ReplyDelete
Some people are so thoughtless. I am sorry that you have been messed about so much.ReplyDelete
That's frustrating but hope it works in your favour and you get a buyer who is genuinely interested.ReplyDelete
That is frustrating about the sale. I hope your selling and buying work out smoothly from here forward. That is a tough decision about family get togethers.ReplyDelete
It's really upsetting when house sales fall through at the last minute, it has happened to us a couple of times over the years, it was very thoughtless of the person not to inform either you or the agent of their decision. I hope you find another buyer soon:)ReplyDelete
We were due to move on 23/11. 5 days before that our buyer pulled out causing the whole chain to collapse - we were devastated. He had caused maximum annoyance by wanting to come and "measure up" twice which we allowed despite restrictions and then he does this. No words. We accepted another offer at the w/e but will not be moving until January at the earliest. My heart goe out to you - it really does.ReplyDelete