Thursday 7 October 2010

a birthday present

It is the birthday of one of my friends next week.She is really difficult to buy for.I usually spend ages looking for something but never seem to hit the spot.I would never give her anything i had knitted as she just wouldn't appreciate it.Anyway I spotted this teapot and decided to get it for her plus some fancy teas and a reading journal as she is in two reading groups.What would you think if someone bought you a teapot as a present?Have I got it hopelessly wrong?May have to rethink and keep it for myself!

Yesterday I had to play "mummy" for my daughter.She had to have a wisdom tooth out and is terrified of dentists.She doesn't like the injection.This is someone as an insulin dependent diabetic injects herself four times a day.She goes into total meltdown and has been known to hyperventilate.Actually yesterday she was OK.I just prattle on and try and distract her.She realises how silly it is afterwards and came out and said this is ridiculous.I have had two C sections and wasn't nervous of them at all.It's a funny old world(but the tooth was huge and had a hooked root).I was just glad I could help.

4 comments:

  1. Lucky friend - that looks like a lovely gift to me. More fool her if she doesn't like it!

    What a good mummy you are - wisdom teeth are nasty at the best of times and I hope it is feeling much better today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd be thrilled with such a pretty present!
    Love Kathy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is a lovely present and very thoguhtful. Glad your daughter is okay now:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's a lovely teapot - I'd like it and I can sympathise over the dentist after my recent trauma!

    ReplyDelete