Wednesday 31 March 2010

Snow again

It has been snowing here on and off all day.It isn't sticking here but cars are coming down into town with 3 or 4 inches of snow on them!!

I havn't blogged a lot recently although we have been busy.We went to see The 39 Steps at the theatre.There were four actors who played all the parts.It was a spoof on the Hitchcock film and was very funny.We also saw the film The Last Station which was about Tolstoy.It was good but sad.

I havn't been able to put comments on people's blogs for some unknown reason but I am reading them and have been inspired to get some beading out.Although today I received a pink Posh parcel and the next lot of Debbie Abraham's blanket squares.I have also joined the Violet Green lace club.I have a book to review for New Books mag and one to read for my reading groupThat should keep me busy for a while!

It was very sad to read of the death of Elspeth Thomson the gardener.I used to read her blog sometimes.How desperate she must have been to take her own life at 48, leaving a husband and 5 year old daughter.Very, very sad.

Have a good Easter everyone and don't eat too much chocolate.

2 comments:

  1. We woke up to snow again this morning - our cats seem slightly confused by it having got used to the warmer weather of last week. The 39 Steps production sounds great glad you enjoyed it. Have a super Easter:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah the advantage of living on the South East coast - no snow :) Lots of rain mind you, and it's blooming cold because of the wind. I've even got a duck nesting in one of my pots in the back garden !!! Six eggs in there and as it's my carrot pot I might have to treat myself to another one.

    ReplyDelete